Microsoft System Center Service Manager 2012 CTP2, "a feature complete and higher quality than any previous release of Service Manager is now availabe."
"This release will be available to TAP customers and partners via Microsoft Connect and delivers the ability to upgrade from SCSM 2010 SP1 with improved scale / performance and numerous enhancements that will benefit System Center customers and partners," Microsoft stated.
"System Center Service Manager 2012 contains new functionality that includes":
- Sharepoint-based Self-Service Portal
- Service Catalog and Service Request with integration to VMM and Orchestrator
- SLA support for both Incidents and Service Requests
- Release Management with Parallel Activity support
- Enterprise-scale Data Warehouse and Reporting with OLAP support
- and numerous other enhancements requested by customers and partners.
Key Enhancements in CTP2
- Service Manager is now upgradable to Beta.
- Authoring tool support for customer customizations.
- Performance improvements above SP1 with larger dataset
- Bug fixes for all areas including UX and customer / partner reported issues
This will be the final non-public release before we get to the public beta towards the end of Q3 CY 2011.