The first Beta development milestone of Microsoft System Center Operations Manager 2012 is now available for free download from Microsoft Connect, announced Kevin Holman, System Center Technical Sales team at the end of the past week.
"The next version of OpsMgr has hit the public beta milestone. This is very exciting as there are a lot of new features in OpsMgr 2012 that I personally cannot wait to get my hands on," Holman noted.
Some key features/changes:
- Simplified infrastructure - via the removal of the RMS role - allowing for out of the box high availability, removing the single point of failure, easing deployment and management of the infrastructure, all while leveraging commodity hardware.
- New dashboards allowing you to see much more data about a server or application in a single, quick screen view.
- Network monitoring - discovery and deep level monitoring of your switches, routers, load balancers, and other network devices.
- Additions to the capability around application performance monitoring and diagnostics for .NET applications plus JEE application health monitoring
- Resource pools - A resource pool provides the ability to distribute workloads across multiple management servers, such as availability, network device monitoring, distributed monitor health rollup, and group calculation.
You can download the OpsMgr 2012 Public Beta bits here.
[Via: Kevin Holman]