Concero is a self-service portal for deploying and managing services across hybrid cloud environments. It sits as a web portal above multiple instances of VMM, WAPA and Windows Azure. Across all these cloud types (Azure, WAPA and VMM clouds) the concept of a service and it's management is what the experience is focused on, it provides the key constructs for fulfilling this experience:
- Web portal for interacting with multiple hybrid clouds -- providing a single panel for viewing capacity from underlying sources and ability to consume this capacity
- Library, where a service owner has compilation of services which can be deployed
- Access control and delegate access
- Enable IT organizations to make the transition to the public cloud using the management paradigms and constructs that they are familiar with inside the enterprise, by giving them visibility and control to cloud deployments. Give an example of how IT departments are seeing business developers bypassing them to get cloud capacity.
- Concero provides the tools for an IT organization to view it's capacity from multiple clouds, assess needs and acquire capacity so they can expand/shrink the pool onto which they can deploy their services
- Deliver a differentiated competitive offering to Vmware's vCloud Director which spans the various cloud types Azure, WAPA and partner clouds
- Provide an IT centric management view over Azure to increase it's adoption by IT organizations.
- Provide a System Center experience for customers looking to deploy services into Azure. By doing so we make provide control to IT orgs about Azure
- Portability of services between their private clouds and Azure. This allows an IT org to dynamically expand and utilize capacity from external sources in a seamless manner.