Microsoft has shared essential documentation and resources for System Center 2016 Operations Manager that should help you get started on the right track.
This isn't a comprehensive list, still though they are most helpful and include core product documentation that cover everything from planning deployment to usage and troubleshooting.
- Getting Started with System Center 2016 Operations Manager: Written for customers who are either new to Operations Manager or are looking for "What's New" information.
- Planning for System Center 2016 – Operations Manager: Review information to help you plan the deployment of Operations Manager into your organization.
- Deploying System Center 2016 – Operations Manager: Read these topics to learn how to deploy Operations Manager in your environment.
- Initial Monitoring After Operations Manager Is Installed: Read these topics to get started with monitoring your environment.
- System Center 2016 – Operations Manager Operations Guide: Read these topics once you have Operations Manager up and running and are looking for procedures for day to day operations.
- Management Pack Authoring Guide for Operations Manager: The Management Pack Authoring Guide for Operations Manager provides information on creating custom monitoring for your service or application.
Below you can find two videos from Microsoft Ignite back in September:
Monitor your changing datacenter using Microsoft System Center 2016 Operations Manager:
Monitor and diagnose web apps & services with Application Insights & SCOM:
Microsoft System Center Management Pack for Office 365 upgrades to subscription authorization method, the application to monitor can now be either automatic for which Microsoft Office 365 Global Administrator credentials are required or manual for which Azure application creation is necessary.
New message center messages and categorizations have been added.
The new MP supports two factor authentication, as the MP now inquires Office 365 Service Communications API V2.
To support Chinese subscription, an ability to customize the endpoints and resources is also provided.