Microsoft made available various Component Add-ons and Extensions for its System Center 2012 RC releases covering Orchestrator, Service Manger, and Operations Manager 2012.
System Center Orchestrator 2012 Component Add-ons and Extensions 2012 RC package features the System Center 2012 Orchestrator Integration Toolkit and the System Center 2012 Orchestrator Release Candidate Integration Packs.
System Center 2012 Orchestrator Integration Toolkit "contains wizard-based utilities for creating new activities and integration packs for System Center 2012 - Orchestrator. It also allows developers utilizing the Orchestrator SDK to create new custom integration packs for System Center 2012 - Orchestrator," Microsoft stated. Features including:
- Rebranding, security enhancements, new generic activity icons
- Wizards can upgrade 6.3 activities and IPs to be compatible with Orchestrator
- Fixes issues with upgrading IPs multiple times
- Fixes issues with DLL / dependent file conflicts among different IPs
And, System Center 2012 Orchestrator Release Candidate Integration Packs provides the capability to interface and control other existing System Center products through custom activities which are used to create runbooks. The following System Center products are supported:
- System Center Operations Manager 2007
- System Center Service Manager 2010
- System Center Virtual Machine Manager 2008
- System Center Data Protection Manager 2010
- System Center Configuration Manager 2007
System Center 2012 - Operations Manager Component Add-ons and Extensions brings the following components for download:
- UNIX/Linux Shell Command Template Management Pack implements authoring templates that allow the creation of rules, tasks, and monitors based on execution of shell commands on UNIX/Linux agents.
- JEE Management Packs monitor JEE (Java Enterprise Edition) application servers. Management packs are available for IBM WebSphere, Oracle WebLogic, Red Hat JBoss and Apache Tomcat.
System Center 2012 - Service Manager Component Add-ons and Extensions include:
- System Center Service Manager Authoring Tool is a tool for customization and extension of the built-in functionality in System Center Service Manager. "This release supports modifying existing Process Management Packs and creating new Management Packs that define extensions to the Service Manager database for tracking additional information, customizations of forms or new forms, and new workflows. This release is available in 10 languages," Microsoft explains.
- System Center Cloud Services Process Pack will offer a self-service experience to facilitate private cloud capacity requests from your business unit IT application owners and end users, including the flexibility to request additional capacity as business demands increase.
- IT Governance Risk and Compliance (GRC) Process Management Pack is meant to offer better efficiency to IT GRC program management, simplified and consolidated IT GRC workloads, and the like. The IT GRC Process Management Pack --combined with the IT Compliance Management Series--helps customers understand and bind complex business objectives to their Microsoft infrastructure in an operationally efficient manner.
Microsoft also made available System Center 2012 Orchestrator Integration Pack for HP Service Manager- Beta that enables you to retrieve, create, update and monitor tickets in HP Service Manager.
This integration pack adds the HP Service Manager category to the Activity pane in the Runbook Designer. This category contains the following activities:
- Close Entry
- Create Entry
- Get Entry
- Monitor Entry
- Update Entry
After you download the integration pack file, you must register it with the Orchestrator management server and then deploy it to runbook servers and Runbook Designers. For how to install integration packs, see http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/hh420346.aspx