Just passed its one year mark, Sway are today used by millions of users from all over the globe in their work and personal lives.
For people not aware of "Sway," allows user to create interactive presentations, offering a solidly stylistic solution for people who want to go above and beyond the PowerPoint. As it opens up the door to doing things like newsletters and personal pages in a way that looks good and can be packed to the brim with features.
As the program got momentum, the Sway team revealing some tips as to how to effectively use the program as asked by the users.
In addition, the team is also informing of several new templates that have recently been released to Sway. You can find them in the "My Sways" page under "Start from a template".
Additionally, you can find some of team's favorites featured on Land your dream job site.
Here is a sample of different combinations you can get by pressing the Remix button a few times:
The guide explains a few key features including remix function, the design button, extra customization options and layout choices in enough detail to help users to get the most out of program.
In other Office releasted news, Visio on iPad has been release to Insider Program for the languages including: English, Chinese, French, German, Russian and Spanish.
The company said that the app will be generally available in the "near future". However, they say, the first preview will be available in August or September.
Additionally, the company said that when the app launches, "it will be available to everyone for free."
Aside, when in 2014, Microsoft launched Office for iPad, the applications had a similar naming scheme.
Key functionalities and features of the Visio Insider Program:
- "View files from OneDrive, OneDrive for Business, or SharePoint, or files received as email attachments
- Pan and Zoom experience is optimized for a small touch screen
- Turn the visibility of layers on or off
- Copy the current view of a Visio diagram as an image and paste it in another app
- Share a file as a link or attachment
- Find text in a shape
- AirPrint a Visio file," informs Microsoft.
The company is looking for 2,000 Insiders. Those interested can sign up for Visio on iPad Insider Program here.
Update 08/26: Microsoft started sending out emails to iPad owners with instructions on how to download the preview Visio for iPad app.
The installation of the app is fairly simple, just download the install the TestFlight app from App Store on your iPad, then follow the instructions in the email.
The app will install and you'll be able to start viewing Visio documents.
Instructions per email:
- We recommend that you open this email on your iPad and tap 'Start Testing'. If you open the email on any other device, ensure that you open the 'Start testing' hyperlink in Safari or Google Chrome.