Windows 10 Creators Update is rolling out to Surface Hub around the world, bringing in more personal, powerful and collaborative experiences, including deeper integration with authenticated Office 365 experiences, new manageability and security tools, and real-time, collaborative inking with the new Microsoft Whiteboard App.
With the new Microsoft Whiteboard App on Windows 10, teams around the world can visually collaborate in real time with intelligent digital ink, geometry recognition, table conversion and automatic table shading.
Microsoft Whiteboard will be available in mid-June as an app update on Surface Hub, and later this year will also come to more Windows 10 devices including Surface Studio and Surface Pro, along with exclusive capabilities for Office 365 subscribers.
Additional features include new inking tools, awesome ink effects as well as more ways to integrate existing content into whiteboard canvas.
Surface Hub’s ability to sign-in to Office 365 from welcome screen or start menu allows users to quickly navigate apps and content save in OneDrive as well as:
- Most recently used (MRU) documents panels inside Office applications like Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel and Microsoft PowerPoint
- Integration with Microsoft Teams, which can be accessed today via the Edge browser
- Improved Welcome Screen makes it easier to find meeting and get started on Surface Hub
- Improved Office 365 integration makes it easier than ever to access important documents, making Surface Hub own PC while in the meeting scheduled.
Microsoft with Dolby has also enhanced the audio experience for human speech, as well improved Miracast and Skype making it faster and more reliable.
The new simplified Skype controls making it quicker to call, message and share content with remote participants, as well as a new meeting carousel for easy scroll through scheduled meetings on welcome screen. New apps built for Surface Hub, including AiirServer, SAP Digital Boardroom, plus Edge apps such as iObeya — improving meeting experiences and process transformation.
Additionally, several new manageability and security features improving meetings data are added as well, ncluding:
- ability to set Surface Hub by default wipe all data at the end of each session
- option to require BitLocker encryption for USB ports to prevent malware and other security threats
- support for additional Mobile Device Management (MDM) and for two-factor authentication.
Lastly, to match the business-critical value, Microsoft is now also offering a 5-year Extended Hardware Service for Surface Hub.