Apple co-founder, Steve Wozniak in a talk with aNewDomain.net memebers, Dan Patterson, Gina Smith and Todd Moore shared his thoughts about the Nokia Lumia 900 and the Windows Phone 7.5 Mango OS.
Woz during the talk was reported carring two Apple iPhone 4S, a Motorola DROID RAZR and, a Lumia 900.
When asked to name his favorite phone — among a dozen models with Android or iOS — Woz chose the Windows 7.5 Mango phone. He revealed how he considered the platform to be easy-to-use, and complimented how apps look “more beautiful than on Android or iPhone”, and how much he loves the tiles interface. .
Woz was quoted saying about the Windows 7.5 Phone:
- “Compared to Android, there’s no comparison”
- “Intuitive and beautiful”
- “Just for looks and beauty, I definitely favour the Windows Phone over Android”
- “I’m just shocked; I haven’t seen anything yet that isn’t more beautiful than the other platforms”
- “It makes me feel ‘Oh my gosh, I’m with a friend, not a tool'” (referring to UI interactions and graphics)
- “I just really like the experience and will be carrying the Windows Phone everywhere”
Woz also did mention a couple of downsides to the Windows Phone experience – he noted that there were some limitations in the ubiquity of the speech-to-text features, and that the OS lacks an integrated Siri-style digital assistant.
He also noted that his iPhone remains his preferred device overall.
Woz later added:
“I did give my opinion that the Windows Phone had superior visual appearance and operation cues that were also more attractive. In my opinion, it sets the mark for user interface.
…I surmise that Microsoft hired someone from Apple and put money into having a role in the UI and appearance of some key apps. I also surmised that Steve Jobs might have been reincarnated at MS due to a lot of what I see and feel with this phone making me think of a lot of great Apple things.”, reports The Next Web.
Here is the podcast: