Steve Ballmer didn’t show rumored Courier tablet PC at CES 2010. Nor did, he share any information on Windows Mobile 7, Windows Live Wave 4, Windows 8. Instead, Ballmer talk about some of recently debuted Windows 7 PCs, a new Game Room retro-game arcade on Xbox Live, am unpcoming Windows Mobile 6.5 phone HTC HD2 with a 4.3-inch touch screen from HTC/T-Mobile. Also confirmed that “Project Natal,” Microsoft’s next-gen gaming controller, is coming in 2010. Here’re some cool PCs, devices, and apps showcased at CES, that’re designed to work great with Windows 7:
- All-in-One PCs: Sony VAIO L Series, Lenovo IdeaCentre A300, Medion The Touch X9613
- A digital comic book reader called Graphic.ly was demoed – a perfect app for an All-in-One PC. With Windows Touch, you can use your finger to swipe through the digital “pages” of comic books!
- Because many people use All-in-One PCs as “Kitchen PCs” – you should also check out Kitchen Assistant by Betty Crocker. This app lets you use Windows Touch to browse a variety of Betty Crocker recipes.
You can download Kitchen Assistant here if you already have an All-in-One PC! More info on Windows 7 Helps Bring Touch PCs to the Tipping Point
- Gaming PCs: Toshiba Qosmio X505, ASUS G51-J 3DHP, Envy 15 with DirectX 11
- The demo showcased the Games for Windows – LIVE title Batman: Arkham Asylum in 3D on the ASUS G51. Check out NVIDIA’s website for more on 3D Vision.
- Ultra-Thin PCs: Dell Adamo XPS, ASUS NX90, MSI X340
- Netbook PCs: ASUS Eee PC “Seashell” 1008P, Acer Aspire One 532, Lenovo IdeaPad S10-3T
- TV: keynote showed off several PCs perfect for Windows Media Center, TV, and living room:
- iiView Media Center TV is the first true hybrid computer/ HDTV with screens up to 52”, features such as Blu-ray, Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, HDMI and DVBT. TV signal can be run through PC and used through Windows Media Center in Windows 7.
- Acer Aspire Revo AR3610 slim and compact PC for full-on HD entertainment can either stand alone or snap to the back of your monitor.
- Dell Zino HD – a power Windows Media Center PC in a perfectly small 8” by 8” square.
- Slate PCs are PCs which’re simply displays – usually with no physical keyboard. Archos 9 and Villiv S5 are a couple of examples. Ballmer previewed a Slate PC from HP coming out later this year. Here’s a teaser video of that PC:
Steve Ballmer and Robbie Bach keynotes:
Yo can download guide of the PCs showcased at CES keynote on brand new Microsoft News Center as an XPS document.