The SQL Server 2012 SP1 CTP4 now contains additional supportability improvements that have been reported through customer feedback platforms along with the following key enhancements:
- A solution to migrate AlwaysOn Availability Group from a lower version of Windows Server cluster to a higher version of Windows Server cluster.
- Selective XML Index which will improve querying performance over data stored as XML
- For SQL Server 2012 Express users, SQL Server 2012 SP1 Express Edition will ship the SQL Server Management Studio with functionality that existed with the SQL Server Management Studio from SQL Server premium editions
"SQL Server 2012 service packs are cumulative updates and upgrade all releases of SQL Server 2012. This service pack contains the cumulative updates up to SQL Server 2012 cumulative update 2."
Customers running SQL Server 2012 can download and test the SP1 CTP4 using the links below.
Multilingual App Toolkit for Window 8 now support eleven languages to help you localize your Windows 8 app described as the "Multilingual App Toolkit for Visual Studio 2012."
"This is an extension for Visual Studio 2012 helps you localize your Windows app with translation support, translation file management, and editor tools. With Integration with Visual Studio IDE, you can add and manage translation files to a project solution and manage them using standard Visual Studio menus and dialogs."
Hopefully, as a reader of our blog you are well familiar with the highly detailed Windows Server architectural posters that Microsoft have been releasing over the last couple of years. Now, you can get these all on your computer as a Windows 8 application.
Check it out in action in the video below:
Security Compliance Manager (SCM) 3.0 Beta includes new security compliance baselines for the following Microsoft products: Windows Server 2012; Windows 8; and Internet Explorer 10.
"Now you can access the updated settings library in SCM 3.0 Beta to customize your baselines with settings that were not included in previous baselines. Take advantage of these new setting resources to define your own custom baselines, meet business-critical needs in your organization, and elevate the security of Windows Server 2012, Windows 8, and Internet Explorer 10 in your environment," Microsoft stated.
Microsoft Deployment Toolkit (MDT) 2012 Update 1, supports deployment of Windows 8, Windows 7, Office 2010 and 365, Windows Server 2012, and Windows Server 2008 R2 in addition to deployment of Windows Vista, Windows Server 2008, Windows Server 2003, and Windows XP.
MDT 2012 is a Solution Accelerator for operating system and application deployment, and is the recommended process and toolset for automating desktop and server deployment. MDT provides you with the following benefits:
- Unified tools and processes, including a set of guidance, for deploying desktops and servers in a common deployment console.
- Reduced deployment time and standardized desktop and server images, along with improved security and ongoing configuration management.
Microsoft RAP as a Service (RaaS) Prerequisites released today is "meant for Microsoft Premier Support customers only. This page contains prerequisites documents for the various RAP as a Service programs offered by Microsoft Premier Support," explains Microsoft.
- SQL Server 2012 SP1 CTP4
- SQL Server 2012 SP1 CTP4 Express
- SQL Server 2012 SP1 CTP4 Feature Pack
- Multilingual App Toolkit for Visual Studio 2012
- Grab free Server Posterpedia app from the Windows Store or here.
- To download the SCM 3.0 Beta release, join the new Beta Review Program available on Microsoft Connect.
- Microsoft Deployment Toolkit (MDT) 2012 Update 1
- RAP as a Service Prerequisites