The SQL Server 2012 investments brings additional flexibility, usability for auditing and security manageability across SQL Server environments making it even easier for organizations to meet compliance policies.
- Easily manage permissions around data access with User-Defined Server Roles.
- Increase manageability and decrease complexity of database schema through Default Schema for Groups.
- Control database access to deployed applications while improving manageability through Contained Database Authentication.
- Help ensure compliance and increase manageability related to auditing with audit resilience, filtering and user-defined audit.
Microsoft has published a documents the Label Security Toolkit that provides tools and techniques for using Microsoft SQL Server (versions 2005 through 2012) to implement row-level security (RLS) and cell-level security (CLS) based on security labels.
The major components of the Toolkit are:
- The Label Policy Designer application
- Examples showing the implementation of row- and cell-level security in different scenarios
Bonus: A free e-Book for Microsoft SQL Server 2012 entitled "Introducing Microsoft SQL Server 2012," (second DRAFT preview) is now available.
Part I Database Admistration (Ross's part)
- Denali Editions and Enhancements
- High Availability and Disaster Recovery Enhancements
- Scalability and Performance
- Security Enhancements
- Beyond Relational
Part II Business Intelligence Development (Stacia's part)
- Integration Services
- Data Quality Services
- Master Data Services
- Analysis Services and PowerPivot
- Reporting Services