Microsoft SQL Server 2008 R2 Express with Service Pack1 CTP is a free, feature-rich edition of SQL Server that is ideal for learning, developing and powering desktop, web and small server applications, and for redistribution by ISVs.
- Supports stored procedures, triggers, functions, and views
- Store all kinds of business data with native support for relational data, XML, FILESTREAM and spatial data
- Improved performance, usability, visualization, in addition to integration with the Microsoft 2007 Office System in SQL Server Reporting Services
- Simplify development efforts by leveraging existing T-SQL skills, ADO.NET Entity Framework and LINQ
- Closely integrated with Visual Studio and Visual Web Developer
Three Editions of SQL Server 2008 R2 SP1 CTP Express:
- SQL Server 2008 R2 Express with Tools:
Core edition of Express that supports development. Includes SQL Server 2008 Database Engine and SQL Server Management Studio Express
- SQL Server 2008 R2 Express with Advanced Services:
Extends SQL Server 2008 Express with tools to include support for Integrated Full-text Search and Reporting Services
- SQL Server 2008 R2 Express (Runtime Only):
Includes the SQL Database Engine only and is designed for deployments and ISV redistribution
- SQL Server 2008 R2 SP1 Management Studio Express:
Free, easy-to-use graphical management tool for configuring, managing, and administering SQL Server 2008 R2 SP1 Express CTP. It can also manage instances of the SQL Server Database Engine created by any edition of SQL Server 2008 R2 SP1 CTP.
More Info: Download