At PDC 2010, Microsoft announced SQL Azure Data Sync CTP2 and it has been progressing quite successfully since then with huge interest, so much so that we are going to continue to process registrations throughout March 2011, revealed Microsoft.
Here're some of the new features planned:
- A new user interface integrated with the Windows Azure management portal.
- The ability to select a subset of columns to sync as well as to specify a filter so that only a subset of rows are synced.
- The ability to make certain schema changes to the database being synced without having to re-initialize the sync group and re-sync the data.
- Conflict resolution policy can be specified.
- General usability enhancements.
CTP3 will be the last preview, before the final release later this year.
Here're some helping links:
- To ask questions, report problems and provide feedback on SQL Azure Data Sync CTP2, use the SQL Azure forum
- To submit new feature requests or vote on existing feature requests
- Register for access to CTP2 and be notified about CTP3 here.