Sony Ericsson debuted its “Live with Walkman” Android smartphone, another device capitalizing on the music player brand Sony popularized nearly 30 years ago.
The smartphone sports a attractive curved design, a glossy finish and a mineral glass display, the phone has a 3.2″ screen and a powerful 1Ghz processor. A front facing camera is enabled for Skype video calling, while a 5MP AF camera can capture 720p HD video recording.
Sony’s xLOUD enhances audio output, while the latest Android platform for smartphones (Gingerbread 2.3) provides access to over 250,000 applications on the Android Market.
The main points of interest of this particular device are, of course, its music features, which include a Walkman app, a quick-launch hardware button on the chassis to turn the music player on, built-in stereo speakers with xLOUD technology, integration with Qriocity streaming, and Sony’s TrackID music identification software.
- Deep Facebook integration: Allows users to instantly access Facebook through the most used areas of the phone such as the picture gallery, music player, phonebook and calendar.
- Media Discovery Application: A dynamic application placing the world of music and videos at consumer’s fingertips including Facebook recommendations from their friends.
- Infinite button: Tapping it within the media player enables consumers to have instant access to new content about their favourite artist, such as music videos, artist information and lyrics search.
- Qriocity music and video content services from Sony: Consumers can access millions of songs from all major labels and watch thousands of movies from all major studios. Only Sony Ericsson Android smartphones provide consumers with unique access to the entertainment services from *Sony.
- Sony’s xLOUD technology: Enhances audio output of the inbuilt speakers at high levels.
- TrackID: Identifies the music track you are listening to within the FM radio and music player. The track can then instantly be shared or downloaded.
There is not yet a launch date or price for the Sony Ericsson Live with Walkman.
[Source: Sony Press Release]