Hot Fix Rollup 2 for Softgrid 4.1 and 4.2 has been released! Microsoft announced the public availability of SoftGrid 4.1 SP1 and 4.2 HFRU2. This cumulative update for SoftGrid v4.1 SP1 and v4.2 provides the latest updates to SoftGrid. In addition to stability improvements, this update contains the following changes:
· The log level of the "Error reading from socket" message is now Debug. Therefore, the message does not appear in the Sft-server.log and the Windows event log at the default log level when you use SoftGrid Virtual Application Servers together with a hardware load balancer.
· SoftGrid Sequencer now preserves OSD GUIDs when it opens SoftGrid v3.2 sequencings for a package upgrade.
· Intermittent "0xBE" Stop errors that occur at system start on multiprocessor computers have been addressed.
New capabilities: This update provides the following new capabilities:
• SoftGrid now supports deployment of Virtual Application .msi files that are generated by the MSI Utility for Microsoft Application Virtualization to SoftGrid clients that are running Microsoft Windows 2000 or Windows 2000 Server/Advanced Server and that have Terminal Services enabled.
• SoftGrid 4.2 HFRU2 now supports Windows Vista Service Pack 1 (SP1).
Please Note: The 4.1 SP1 KB article incorrectly identifies Windows Vista Service Pack 1 (SP1) as a new capability of 4.1 SP1 HFRU2. A change request has been submitted to correct this error.
SoftGrid 4.1 SP1 HFRU2 Bits
The following files are available for download from the Microsoft Download Center:
SoftGrid for Windows Desktops (22.214.171.124): Download the SoftGrid for Windows Desktops (126.96.36.199) package now.
SoftGrid for Terminal Services (188.8.131.52): Download the SoftGrid for Terminal Services (184.108.40.206) package now.
SoftGrid Sequencer (220.127.116.11): Download the SoftGrid Sequencer (18.104.22.168) package now.
SoftGrid Server (22.214.171.124): Download the SoftGrid Server (126.96.36.199) package now.
SoftGrid 4.2 HFRU2 Bits: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/941408
Download information: The following files are available for download from the Microsoft Download Center:
Microsoft, Microsot Application Virtualization, SoftGrid, Virtual Application Server, SP1, HFRU2, AppVirt