Unlike other systems out there, JonDesign's SmoothGallery is designed from the ground up to be standard compliant: You can feed it from any document, using custom css selectors.
Big new features ?
- Back and forward buttons of your browser now controls the gallery. Moreover, you can send that url up there to a friend, he will see exactly the same slide on the gallery than you. This is called HistoryManager. See a demo.
- You can have multiple galleries on one place and switch between galleries. This is called Gallery Sets. See a demo.
- Tired of that smooth fade-in of pictures ? SmoothGallery now supports transitions between slides. See a demo.
- Don't want to use all of your bandwidth for some galleries ? SmoothGallery now includes a real preloader and loads only what is needed, while giving feedback to the user on the progress (Most of the time, users won't even see a loading bar, as SmoothGallery tries to load what the user could want to see).
Small improvements ?
- Switched to mootools 1.11
- Still using prototype, jquery or another incompatible js framework ? I've made a name-spaced version for you !
- Carousel now automatically close when you click on an item (can be turned off).
- SmoothGallery can be even more customized to what you need. You can for example take the carousel off the gallery in any part of your page you want.
- Upgraded license to GPL v3.
- Using flickr to manage your pictures ? fine ! there is now an official flickr plugin available to display your picture sets as gallery sets.