This plugin allows you to display all the smilies in the default WP set as images next to your comment field. When you click on one of them it appends the code needed to produce that smiley to the comment field.
Installation & usage:
- Copy & paste from below, and save as smiley_js_buttons.php.
- Upload it to wp-content/plugins/ folder.
- Go to your WordPress admin panel and activate the plugin from Plugins tab.
- To integrate into comments form, open your comments.php, and edit the file, choose a proper place near the comment field and insert the following text:
- In case you renamed your comment field, you can pass an extra string option to the function to let it know what it’s called. Otherwise, it will always assume it’s called “comment