Search on LinkedIn become more smarter and streamlined--now, when you type a search query, a comprehensive page of results is displayed with content from all across LinkedIn including people, jobs, groups and companies.
The company notes, that it has seen over 5.7 billion professionally oriented searches on its network last year. Adding it said, "No two professionals are alike on LinkedIn. This means even if you search for the same thing as someone else, your results will be customized to you."
"LinkedIn's search efforts are founded on the ability to take into account who you are, who you know, and what your network is doing to help you find what you're looking for," LinkedIn added.
The new smarter search will be available to all global members in the coming weeks includes the following new features:
- Auto-complete will now prompt options as you type your search terms, and the more you search, the better it will get at predicting what you want.
- Suggested searches offer example queries for certain search terms-say for example, when you type in a "product manager" you'll see example search queries for people or jobs related to product manager as well as a preview of top results to help you find what you're looking for in one click.
- Smarter query intent algorithm will begin to learn and understand your intent over time to provide the most relevant results --as search for content on LinkedIn.
- Enhanced advanced search. In addition to new look, also offer new search filters like location, company, school and more.
- Automated alerts save time by saving your searches and, the company says it'll alert you when the results change.
Here are some more pictures of the new LinkedIn search: