A new optimized version 3.8 of Skype for iPad is now available and makes use of the new iPad’s improved retina display, so Skype looks even better than before.
The 3.8 release includes “optimized graphics for new iPad Retina display,” according to a March 26 post on the “Skype Garage” blog.
It is available for free from the Apple App Store.
“Bring your Skype contacts closer with full screen video at your fingertips. Beautiful and simple, this is Skype built especially for the iPad. Call, video call, or instant message anyone on Skype. Plus, if you add a little Skype Credit, call landlines and mobiles at really low rates,” the app description reads.
- Join Skype or just sign straight in to your account
- If you already have a Skype account, your Skype contacts will automatically be there on your iPad
- It’s now easy adding new Skype contacts really easy. Once they’re in your Contact list, call, video or instant message them in one touch
- Flick through recent calls and instant messages in your Skype for iPad history
- Skype for iPad works over Wi-Fi or 3G (operator data charges may apply). Call Skype contacts on their iPhone, iPod touch, iPad, PC, Mac and even Skype enabled TVs.
Access free Skype features:
- Talk face-to-face or show what you’re seeing with front and back-facing cameras
- Use Skype for iPad to call anyone else on Skype – and enjoy near CD quality (SILK) sound
- Instant message and add emoticons to personalize your messages.
Download Skype for iPad from the iTunes App Store.