SkyDrive app for Android phones designed to work best with Android 4.0 (Ice Cream Sandwich) is also fully functional on Android 2.3 and above.
"The new app for Android is similar to our mobile apps for Windows Phone and iOS and is a key part of making sure your SkyDrive files are accessible and shareable from all your devices," Microsoft said.
SkyDrive Android app offer following features:
- Access your SkyDrive--documents, photos, and other files, plus the files other people have shared with you.
- View recently used documents.
- Choose multiple photos or videos to upload from your phone.
- Share your files and photos--send a link in email or in another app.
- Open your SkyDrive files from other Android apps.
- Easily manage your files--delete or create new folders.
Get the SkyDrive app for Android on Google Play.
Windows Server 2012 Hyper-V Component Architecture Poster now available provides a visual reference for understanding key Hyper-V technologies in Windows Server 2012 and focuses on Hyper-V Replica, networking, virtual machine mobility (live migration), storage, failover clustering, and scalability.
Download Poster Companion Reference using the following links:
- Hyper-V and Failover Clustering
- Hyper-V Replica
- Windows Server 2012 Hyper-V Component Architecture Poster For Printing
Bing Maps V7 AJAX received a number of features and updates include:
Redesigned from the ground up. The V7 control is only 35KB when compressed, comparing to its predecessor V6.3 which was over 250KB in size when compressed.
In addition Bing Maps team also made many great features:
- "Performance. V7 map control is by far the fastest AJAX based Bing Maps control. A Microsoft Partner Earthware study found that "the V7 AJAX control is capable of rendering 1000 pushpins 9 times faster in IE8 than the V6.3 map control."
- Mobile Support. When "V7 AJAX control was being designed the developers took mobile into consideration and made use of HTML5 wherever possible to ensure a fluid UX regardless of the browser," revealed Bing.
- V7 is supported on many standard web and mobile browsers and as a result. "Taking cross platform development a step further, one of the Windows 8 Bing Maps API's is built on top of the V7 AJAX control, thus allowing you to reuse most of your code to create a Windows 8 application," Bing adds.
- Venue Maps brings the ability to overlay an interactive floor plan of a venue directly on Bing Maps. Today there are "over 2,750 venues in 27 countries available in Bing Maps." Also, since this module works in all the same browsers as the Bing Maps V7 AJAX control - you can access venue maps from both standard web and mobile browsers.
- Traffic Module in Bing Maps now has traffic data in 30 countries around the world. You can also pull in traffic incident data using the Bing Maps Traffic REST service.
- Advance Shape Support now let you draw Polygons with holes," informs bing.
Those currently using Bing Maps V6.3 control, looking to upgrade to the V7 control, can find documentation here.
In a IE team blog, Microsoft said to improve the Windows 8 out-of-box experience for touch-enabled devices, they've added a <NaturalTextMetrics> section to the IE10 Compatibility View List that enables natural metrics for approximately 570 popular sites that currently run in legacy document modes.
"If your site is included on the list but you would prefer it not be, email firstname.lastname@example.org. Include your name, company, title, and contact information along with the domain you want removed," the team said.
"Move your legacy document mode site to IE9's default standards mode today and be ready for IE10 tomorrow. Visitors to your site using IE10 on Windows 8 will thank you," said Ted Johnson, Program Manager Lead for Web Graphics concluding the post.