By linking AdWords and Google Analytics accounts together, marketers gets insights into customer behavior on an advertiser's websites, apps, and other properties that help achieve businesses to reach the right people and increases marketing effectiveness and ROI.
Today's release introduces some useful improvements that make Google Analytics and AdWords account owners to link their accounts more easily. The new linking process which will be available to all Analytics accounts in the coming weeks, "will bring the ability to create additional links right from the Admin section of your Analytics account," informs Google.
More importantly, the new integration is laying a foundation for adding new AdWords dimensions quickly - such as Ads, and paving the path for a rich set of reports such as enhanced campaign bid adjustments and Google Display Network targeting settings.
Benefits of combining AdWords and Analytics data include:"
- Importing Analytics goals and transactions into AdWords allows marketers to define success in powerful ways, often without having to retag your site
- Site engagement stats help marketers better understand marketing performance and how to optimize
- Remarketing with Google Analytics allows marketers to reach new audiences
- Importing AdWords data into Analytics lets marketers see data across many accounts in aggregate and combined with rich site metrics," explains google.
Highlighted below are a few ways in which the new platform will start impacting AdWords reports in Google Analytics:
- With the new infrastructure, "reports will reflect the most recent AdWords settings such as campaign or ad_group names keeping them fresh and consistent with AdWords," informs google.
In the current reports, "visits are attributed to the three different campaign names while clicks are attributed to the newest campaign name. After this change, both visits and clicks metrics would be associated with the most recent campaign name, thus collapsing multiple rows into a single row," google added.
- The new platform is also laying the foundation for adding new AdWords dimensions quickly and for creating new reports with speed. "Very soon, advertisers would be able to access reports based on their Enhanced Campaigns' targeting settings; reports containing rich information to help fine tune ads targeting settings and bid adjustments for improved ROI (Return On Investment)," added google.
- Finally, new integration will also allow users "to show or hide data for auto-tagged AdWords accounts by linking or unlinking the account to a profile." "If a user un-links an Adwords account from a profile, all historical data pertaining to the account would be hidden by rolling them up into (not set)," google explained.
To take advantage of simplified account linking, benefit from combining data in both products, and get more out of your marketing campaigns, follow the steps: "If you're logged in to your AdWords account, you can also link accounts by going to Tools and Analysis > Google Analytics and following these same instructions.) Just click AdWords Linking in the Account column, and then click the New link button to start the linking wizard," google explained.
Watch the video explaining the new linking process:
Update 07/03: Over the next few weeks, Google Analytics is rolling out the new AdWords integration infrastructure to advertisers to reports right in Analytics dashboard - reflecting their up-to-the-minute AdWords settings - and consistent with the AdWords reporting.