Back in August, the "top of page bid estimates" on Adwords was launched that provide additional assistance in optimizing ads to show above the search results. In a November 28 blog post, Andrew Truong, Product Marketing Manager, talks about ways to more easily and scalably take action on these bid estimates, now that they're supported by Automated Rules and AdWords Editor 9.7.1.
You can use automated rules with top of page bid estimates to raise the bids of your keywords to the recommended top of page bid, and run this rule on a daily basis. Here is how to set up top of page bid rules with Automated Rules:
- Click All online campaigns in the left panel of your AdWords account.
- Click the Keywords tab.
- Click the Automate button, and select "Raise bids to top of page CPC when..." from the drop-down.
- Fill out the form as desired.
Note: "Be sure to specify a maximum bid, In addition, you might want to only raise bids for keywords that have a good quality score (for example, Quality score >= 6), so as not to bid up keywords that need to be optimized," explains Truong.
AdWords Editor 9.7.1 launched last week support managing bids based on top of page bid estimates with follow new functionality:
- Viewing "Top of page bid estimates" on the Keywords tab
- Raising bids to "Top of page bid estimates" using Advanced bid changes
- Filtering keywords based on "Top of page bid estimates" within Advanced Search and "Find duplicates"