Google has recently opened its ad management program called “Google Ad Manager” to all publishers that can help you sell, schedule, deliver, and measure all of your direct-sold and network-based inventory. If you’ve not used it yet, check this post to see “how to add Chitika | Premium ads to Google Ad Manager.
- Login to Google Ad Manager and click “Inventory” from the top horizontal menu.
- Next click “new ad slot” from the menu above, and set up an order for the Chitika | Premium and approve the order.
- Create a “line item” for the Chitika ads (setting the type as ‘CPC’ and the other metrics as you wish)
NOTE: I manually set the “weighting” to 10 and the targeting to U.S. and Canada traffic, and restricted it to users coming from the major search engines, in lieu of setting up an ad campaign as the “alternate” URL; if this method does not ‘work’ for you, you may need to specify another campaign as the “alternate URL (contact Chitika customer support for instructions).
- Uploaded the Premium ad as a Rich Media creative and saved the result; if you cannot see the ad after saving it you might need to use the “#chitikatest” preview tool.
- Once created the campaign, create a new ad slot or, you can use an existing ad slot for the Chitika | Premium ad
- I then added it to a placement on the site
- …and generated sample HTML to try it out on my page.
Source:→ Chitika Blog