SES San Jose is next week, it’s a good chance to network, learn some new tips and relax. Here the top 5 sessions you must attend at this years SES San Jose:
- Universal & Blended Vertical Search Day 1 11:00 to 12:30 — “Search isn’t just for web pages anymore.” Let’s face it, search engines are evolving, and its going to affect your rankings. Google now shows local, video, and news in the normal search results. Ask, MSN and Yahoo are also showing different verticals in their search results. This is the biggest change we’ve seen in the search engines in a while. This session will help you better understand the change and could possibly teach you to optimize your online properties for blended search.
- Web Analytics & Measuring Success Day 2 10:30-12:00 — “Everyone website has some form of success weather it’s a more sales, lots of traffic, an email or phone inquiry. With web technology constantly improving, web analytics software is a lot more sophisticated then it was even a year or two back. This session discusses better ways to measure your success helps you identify statistics that really matter.“
- Successful Site Architecture Day 2 4:45-6:00 — “Search Engines are evolving, content is king and more and more people are on the web. Hopefully this means you are growing your website by adding images, videos, and content. This session talks about correct site architecture and proper design for your growing website. The last thing you want is your efforts of growing your websites to go to waste.”
- Link Baiting & Viral Search Success Day 3 1:30-2:45 — “You want more inbounds links but don’t want to send any more link request emails. Well this session is for you. Learn different link baiting and viral marketing tips and techniques to bring the links to you. Learn what you’ve been missing out on all year.”
- SMO: Social Media Optimization Day 4 9:00-10:15 — “When I think social media optimization, Neil Patel, Rand Fishkin and Todd Malicot come in mind. Learn the ins and outs of community type sites from these guys. This session will teach you a few tips and tricks so that you too can start leveraging site like Digg, Wikipedia (yes, its still in almost ever search result), Stumbleupon, and other social sites.”
Source:→ SEJ Blog