Microsoft Security Compliance Manager (SCM) tool–version 2.5 released to Microsoft Connect, enables you to quickly configure and manage your desktops and laptops, traditional data center, and private cloud using Group Policy and Microsoft System Center Configuration Manager.
SCm 2.5 baselines include:
- Exchange Server 2007 SP3 Security Baseline
- Exchange Server 2010 SP2 Security Baseline
- Updated client product baselines include:
- Windows 7 SP1 Security Compliance Baseline
- Windows Vista SP2 Security Compliance Baseline
- Windows XP SP3 Security Compliance Baseline
- Office 2010 SP1 Security Baseline
- Internet Explorer 8 Security Compliance Baseline
Microsoft is also calling users for feedback, especially in the following areas:
- Relevance.How relevant is the information for your organization?
- Usefulness.How will you use these product baselines? How does the SCM 2.5 tool provide value?
- Usability. Is the baseline configuration information easy to follow? Can you easily find key content?
- Consistency. Is the content in the security guides consistent with the setting recommendations and vulnerability information?
- General Quality. Please provide us with your opinion on the general quality of the product baseline content. Would you recommend SCM 2.5 to colleagues?
You can download the SCM 2.5 beta from Microsoft Connect.