Another interesting articale by Philipp’s — Jake’s View (with at 9 years, probably the youngest Google Blogoscoped reader!) wanted to find out which search engine has the least HTML syntax errors, and tested them in the W3C HTML Validator.
Here are the results:
- 1st place - MSN - Passed!
- 2nd place - Altavista - Failed, 38 errors
- 3rd place - Yahoo - Failed, 41 errors
- 4th place - Google - Failed, 61 errors
- 5th place - Ask.com - Failed, 64 errors
- Runner-up - Dogpile - Failed, 70 errors
(Shameless plug: FindForward validates as well!)