Minsk, Belarus, July 17, 2007 - Scand announced the release of version 1.4 of its Ajax web ui component dhtmlxGrid. dhtmlxGrid is a cross-platform, feature rich, easy-to-use data grid that delivers spreadsheet functionality in a web application.
The major update enhancements include:
- enableAutoWidth method –The grid can automatically adjust its size to the size of the page it's placed on. The gcomponent takes all the available space on page and smoothly changes its size when page is resized.
- updateFromXML method – If grid content is changed in XML on server side, the changed data can be automatically updated on client, and only rows that were changed/added/deleted will be processed and reloaded. This greatly increases grid performance in cases of large data grids which are to be updated regularly to display actual data.
- Clipboard support for FF – Previously introduced in version 1.3 clipboard support now works not only in IE, but in FF as well. Block of cells can be copied and pasted it into desktop application (MS Excel, Text Editor etc.) via the clipboard.
- Safari support – Version 1.4 brings better Safari support. Some limitations in the work of grid in Safari were eliminated. Now all the events as well as context menu work correctly on Apple's browser.
- Extra exCells – Some new powerful cell editors (exCells) were added to the grid package, e.g. email, password, native dhtmlx calendar (besides YUI calendar that has been used), time editor, etc.)
- TreeGrid update – dhtmlxTreeGrid, an extension of grid control which displays tables with hierarchical structure, was completely recoded to improve its performance and stability.
Scand's Ajax/DHTML tab control dhtmlxTabbar also was updated to the new version 1.2, which introduces some new features:
- Custom style for each tab – Now different styles can be defined for individual tabs, so there're more opportunities for tabbar customization. Each tab can have it's unique styling.
- 'Close tab' button – Version 1.2 of dhtmlxTabbar adds the ability to close a tab just clicking the 'close' button which simplifies user interaction with tabs.
- Auto tab positioning – In case of multi-row tabs the tabbar automatically places tabs on different rows. Developer just defines the max number of tabs per row and they are positioned according to the settings automatically.
- Auto size of tab – The size of each tab can be automatically adjusted to the length of tab label text.
- Different loading modes within one tabbar - Tab content can be loaded from server and automatically placed on page using Ajax. It is possible now to mix any 'href' based loading mode and static HTML tabs.
Both dhtmlxGrid and dhtmlxTabbar are available under GNU GPL (Standard editions) and commercial licenses.