External DNS: If you choose“I want the server to manage the domain name for me” the following Internet DNS records are created by the wizard and registered at the partner registrar.
- A Record – maps remote.domain.com to the WAN address of your hardware/software firewall.
- MX Record – maps @domain.com to the A record specified above.
- This directs email sent to users @domain.com to your public IP.
- TXT Record – used to define Sender Policy Framework (SPF) information
- Text = “v=spf1 a mx ~all”
- SRV record – _autodiscover._tcp.FQDN points to the “A” record using port 443.
- This is a service location record used with Outlook 2007 and Exchange 2007 in conjunction with the AutoDiscover service.
If you choose “I want to manage the domain myself”, you must manually create and maintain these records with your DNS registrar.