Samsung has released a Video Editor for its Galaxy S and Vibrant Android 2.2 phones. The APK is available for those of with different phones, but early reports suggest that it only works on Samsung's flagship phones for now.
Functionality-wise, Samsung Video Editor looks fantastic. You can trim video clips and join them together. There're various special effects that can be applied, and you can change sound tracks.
The app opens in landscape fullscreen, with even the notification bar invisible. You're greeted with a black screen and a "New Project" Button
On opening, you're greeted with a timeline and an array of options.
- Choose a Theme from: Basic, Conference, Home Video, Movie, Party, Stage and Travel.
- Insert Video lets you drag and drop as many videos as you want in your timeline at the bottom.
- Insert Pictures lets you drag and drop anywhere on the timeline.
- Insert Soundtrack: Your albums pop up, and you can chose a song or sound to insert into the timeline.
- Click Picture/Video: fire up the Camera and shoot a video or picture right there to insert into your video.
- Transitions between each video and picture. There are various options like Bars, Checkerboard and Circle.
- Trim Video
- Export Video in a variety of resolutions, namely: QCIF, QVGA, VGA, D1 and HD.
Here's the APK.
[tags]video editor,android 2.2,android 2.3,android 3.0,froyo,gingerbread,honeycomb[/tags]