Foursqure now has 4 billion check-ins, has launched a new visualization feature to help users explore new ways to visualize all the places people go around the world, and the connections they're making between them.
The new feature called Foursquare Time Machine, offers a new way to view a history of your check-ins on an interactive map. "Now, you can re-live each and everyone of your check-ins, and have your own beautiful visualization to share with the new Foursquare Time Machine," writes foursqure.
With Time Machine, you can:
- "Zoom through time and space as you visualize all your check-ins
- Discover all the places you should head to next
- Save and share pretty infographics of all your stats
- Users can also compile and then share their stats as a custom infographic to networks like Facebook and Twitter, which it seems many are excited to do."
When you visit, the Time Machine site, it also serves up a large Samsung Galaxy S4 advertisement. The site is branded on the left side and on the top right (upon first launch), and, after clicking "fetch my history," the middle of the Time Machine's top navigation teases "The Next Big Thing." As that experience loads, Samsung Galaxy S4′s branding shows yet again. There is literally nowhere on this micro-site where you can't see the word "Samsung." To be clear, this is not a Foursquare product or feature, this is only an ad.
Also, watch this Galaxy S4 reliability testing video.
"We cannot prevent every mishap, but we can prepare for the worst. Smartphones can be used anywhere and everywhere, and because of this their exposure to unsafe environments is higher than other products. When you invest in your new smartphone, how can you be sure that it is strong enough for the wear and tear of daily life? You might wonder how durable our smartphones are. With this in mind, we would like to share this video of Samsung GALAXY S4 reliability testing," write Samsung.
Update 06/19: Foursquare unveiled new tools to add the Foursqure to your social media toolkit. The company also notes, that 1.4 million businesses are now using Foursquare.
"With all those busy store and social media managers in mind, we've worked closely with several partners to make sure that whatever dashboard you prefer, it's easy to use all of Foursquare's free business tools," writes 4sq.
With the tools launching today, you can do things like following through your sites:
- "Claim and edit all your business listings on Foursquare;
- Monitor your check-ins, tips, photos, and other analytics;
- Create Foursquare Specials and updates and push them across all your social channels;
- and Integrate Foursquare into your own app, website, or loyalty program."
Check out the business tools here.