The International Consumer Electronics Show (CES), an annual event is taking place from 2012, January 10th to 14th, and will feature an endless array of consumer electronics, many of them never before seen by the public.
CES, is the world's largest consumer technology tradeshow held by the Consumer Electronics Association (CEA) every January since 1979.
Samsung has announced a wide range of Samsung products are to be honored during CES 2012, including TVs, home theaters, LCD panels, mobile phones and lots more. "Among them, two products are in line to be awarded the Best of Innovations award. One of these, the very exciting SUR4.0, has been described as an interactive multimedia desk, featuring motion sensors to detect hand gestures," reveals Samsung.
"In addition to Innovation awards, six Samsung products are to be given the Eco Design Award as well, including the world's first solar-powered laptop, microwave, washing machine, and transparent LCD."
The Samsung's award-winning products will be on display during the 2012 International CES, in Samsung booth #12004 in the Central Hall of the Las Vegas Convention Center.
"Moreover, many of the winning products will be first unveiled at Samsung's CES press conference, scheduled for 2 p.m. on Monday January 9, 2012," added Samsung.
Here are the details of some of the award recipient products:
- "Samsung 830 Series solid-state drives (SSDs) set a new standard for performance and reliability. Their SATA 6Gb/s data interface allows these internal storage drives to handle data up to twice as fast as previous-generation SSDs, with sequential read speeds up to 520 MB/sec and random read speeds up to 80,000 IOPS. Maximum storage capacity has also doubled, with the addition of a new 512 GB version (64GB, 128GB and 256GB SSDs are also available).
- Samsung's RF4289 LCD Refrigerator with apps is the first ever to boast kitchen-relevant apps on a WiFi-enabled 8" LCD touchscreen. Users can quickly access recipe collections on Epicurious, check the weather on WeatherBug, leave notes for the kids, review the family's Google Calendar, check the headlines on AP News, listen to their favorite music on Pandora, and enjoy a photo slide show with Picasa, all from the refrigerator. The refrigerator also includes high-quality food preservation and storage features to keep food fresher for longer and increase usable space.
- Samsung Series 7 Slate PC challenges all preconceived notions of a Windows slate computer offering all of the features of a full-sized laptop in an extremely portable package. With a Samsung-exclusive SuperBright Plus 11.6" capacitive touch HD display, powerful Intel Core i5 processor, and available with Windows 7 Professional operating system, and an up to 128 GB solid state hard drive, this full power slate meets the needs of even the most demanding users and allows for maximum productivity anywhere they go.
- Samsung Notebook PC Series 7 Chronos is a sleek, advanced laptop providing powerful, highly portable cutting edge technology to mobile users. With an aluminum body encasing a Samsung-exclusive SuperBright HD+ display, Intel Core i5 or i7 processors, Samsung's exclusive FastStart technology, a 750GB hard drive and an 8GB ExpressCache system from Diskeeper, this laptop has incredibly fast start-up and exceeds all performance expectations.
- Samsung Galaxy S II Epic 4G Touch packs industry-leading hardware and software and the latest version of the Android smartphone platform. The Galaxy S II is highlighted by Samsung's own Super AMOLED Plus display technology, a powerful dual core application processor and a robust array of entertainment, messaging and social networking experiences.
- Samsung Galaxy S II at AT&T features industry-leading hardware and software and the latest version of the Android platform within a slim smartphone, at 8.89mm at its thinnest. The Galaxy S II is highlighted by Samsung's own Super AMOLED Plus display technology on a 4.3-inch screen, a powerful 1.2 GHz dual core application processor and a robust array of entertainment, messaging and social networking services and applications.
- Samsung Sidekick 4G is a Android 2.2-powered messaging centric device that delivers an integrated social networking experience with group text messaging, access to Google services and video chat capabilities.
- Samsung Galaxy Tab 8.9 (Wi-Fi) is powered by Android 3.1 Honeycomb offering faster and smoother transitions between different applications, more intuitive navigation to and from home screens and broader support of USB accessories, external keyboards, joysticks and more.
- Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1 (Wi-Fi) is powered by Android 3.2 Honeycomb offering faster and smoother transitions between different applications, more intuitive navigation to and from home screens and broader support of USB accessories, external keyboards, joysticks and gamepads.
- Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1 with 4G LTE is powered by Android 3.1 Honeycomb and is the thinnest mobile tablet currently available in the world, measuring in at an ultra-slim 8.6mm. Additionally, it offers download speeds of 5-12 Mbps and upload speeds of 2- 5 Mbps in 4G Mobile Broadband coverage area.
Some examples of the CES Eco-design award recipients include:
- Samsung SMH2117S Over The Range Microwave is the first microwave to feature an LED light for the cooktop, located underneath the microwave. The LED lamp in Samsung's SMH2117S uses less than a tenth of the power consumption (2.4W/1EA) of current conventional incandescent (40W/1EA) or halogen (20W/1EA) cook top lamps. In addition, its Ceramic Enamel interior makes it seven times more scratch and rust resistant than other microwave interiors, and an Eco Mode saves up to 40% in energy by turning the display off when not in use.
- Samsung LTI460AP01 Transparent Liquid Crystal Display is a see-through panel at least 22" diagonal, providing high-definition images with low power consumption and the ability to operate on solar-replenished battery power. These extremely thin LCD panels are expected to be used in a variety of applications such as for advertising on cooler or commercial freezer glass doors in supermarkets; on vending machines; for various touch-accessed retail window applications; and to create "smart" windows in homes or offices providing instant information such as weather, stocks and news flashes.
- Samsung NC215S, world's first solar-powered netbook that delivers power, portability and performance while also being both environmentally and economically friendly. Maximizing productivity while maintaining eco-conscious features, the NC215S design provides an integrated solar panel on the top lid, allowing the netbook to automatically charge in direct sunlight. Users can gain one hour of use after two hours of solar charging, and with battery life rated to 14.5 hours, users will be able to enjoy all-day computing on a single charge, reveals Samsung.