Robot Replay is a Rails application written by Nitobi that allows you to record how your users use your site, and play it back later.
RobotReplay lets you record and watch your website visitors in action. View recorded sessions of every mouse movement, click and keystroke:
- Improve your site's usability
- See where your readers get bored
- Convert more visitors to buyers
The playback happens by using the browser itself. This means that at anytime you can stop the playback and actually interact with the site. Pretty cool.
There is obviously much use from a usability standpoint, and we were also told that SEO folk find it useful.
- Mouse Gestures: Replay the actual mouse movements of your visitors. What areas of the page do users spend a lot of time on. Do they appear to get lost?
- Form Replay: Actually watch users fill out forms. Follow users into login-protected areas for a complete view of the user experience. Find out where users get bored or give up.