Microsoft has released a refresh collection of Windows XP and Windows Vista, allowing customers to download and run the two operating systems free of charge.
In order to help web designers and web developers test their websites in older versions of IE, the following VHD with specified IE versions are released. The images are patched with the latest security updates and are otherwise clean installs of the OS with very few modifications.
These images are specifically designed to run on Microsoft Virtual PC, and may or mayn't work in other hosting environments. When attemp to validate, the VHDs willn't pass genuine validation.
The username and password for these images is contained in the read me.
Windows XP Images
These images were last updated on Jan'18, 2011, and expire on May'18,2011
- XPSP3-IE6.exe contains Windows XP SP3 with IE6 VHD.
- XPSP3-IE7.exe contains XP SP3 with IE7 VHD.
- XPSP3-IE8.exe contains XP SP3 with IE8 VHD.
Due to the size of the Vista VHD, it's split across several files, you'll need to download all files for that version of the IE and uncompress them to the same directory to unpack the VHD file. This VHD only has SP1, and should be updated to ensure it has the latest SP and security updates.
Expires 90 days after first run.
- IE7-VIS1.exe+IE7-VIS2.rar+IE7-VIS3.rar contain Vista Image with IE7 VHD. Expires 90 days after first run.
- IE8-VIS1.exe+IE8-VIS2.rar+IE8-VIS3.rar+IE8-VIS4.rar contain Vista Image with IE8 VHD.
[tags]web designers,web developers,internet explore 6,ie6,internet explorer 7,ie7,internet explorer 8,ie8.genuine validation,genuine windows,sp3,sp1[/tags]