Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 16184 for PC and Windows 10 Mobile Insider Preview Build 15208 is being released to Windows Insiders, along with Xbox One Insider Preview build 15063.3033 in the Alpha ring.
Now in this lates PC build, you can pin the people you care about most to the taskbar, see multiple communication apps in one place and filter to each person on your taskbar, as Microsoft reintroducing ‘My People’— “is here to take it to the next level and bring the people you care about most to the center of your experience,” writes Dona Sarkar.
However, there are some limitations such—you can only have 3 people pinned to your taskbar currently. To start pinning people, first make sure to update Skype, Mail, and People apps to the latest available, and then click on the ‘People icon’ in the taskbar to activate the first run experience and get setup.
Also, now in Skype, followin system settings in versions 11.13+, contact syncing is now enabled by default. Those still on older version of Skype, will need to manually enable contact syncing via the Skype app settings.
Microsoft also now allow selecting a chat app from among the multiple communication apps, and will remember it for next time when you start a chat.
Additionally, following last week’s launch of the new Gmail accounts experience in Windows 10 Mail & Calendar apps — is now available to Windows Insiders to try out all the latest features such as Focused Inbox and richer experiences for travel reservations and package deliveries. When it’s available to you, a prompt will appear inside your account to update Gmail account settings.
See the full changelog of both PC and Mobile builds under:
PC — Changes, improvements, and fixes:
- We fixed an issue where night light could get stuck in a disabled state.
- We’ve updated Start to use the improved XAML scrollbar style.
- We fixed an issue from recent flights where dragging an app from Start’s All apps list into the tile grid would result in Start crashing.
- We fixed an issue for those using Windows in Japanese, where on first login after an upgrade certain apps would unexpectedly appear at the bottom of the Start’s All apps list for an hour or until being launched, instead of the normal sorted position.
- Since the preview picture in Start Settings only previewed background and theming changes, which are already available to be previewed on their corresponding Settings pages, we’ve made the decision to remove it.
- We’ve improved the loading performance of the Notification Settings page.
- Some audio drivers have an “encoding Audio Processing Object” feature; this is commonly known as “Dolby Digital Live” or “DTS Connect”. This takes the output of the Windows audio engine mix, encodes it (as Dolby Digital, DTS, or some other format) and sends it out over a S/PDIF optical link for decoding by an external audio receiver. An issue was introduced which resulted in this feature no longer working, which is now fixed.
- We fixed an issue from recent flights resulting in Photos crashing if you opened a picture from the Collection page and then pressed the back button in the title back.
- We fixed an issue resulting in Counter Strike Global Offensive hanging or freezing during game play on the latest builds (16176+).
- We fixed the issue where pressing F12 to open the Developer Tools in Microsoft Edge while F12 is open and focused may not return focus to the tab F12 is opened against, and vice-versa.
- ADDED: PC Reset via Settings > Update & security > Recovery will not work on this build.
- Some Insiders have reported seeing this error “Some updates were cancelled. We’ll keep trying in case new updates become available.” in Windows Update.
- Double-clicking on the Windows Defender icon in the notification area does not open Windows Defender. Right-clicking on the icon and choosing open will open Windows Defender.
- Surface 3 devices fail to update to new builds if a SD memory card is inserted. The updated drivers for the Surface 3 that fix this issue have not yet been published to Windows Update.
- exe will crash and restart if you tap any of the apps listed in the Windows Ink Workspace’s Recent Apps section.
- Insiders who use Simplified Chinese IMEs or the Traditional Chinese Changjie or Quick IME to input text will find that the candidate window doesn’t appear when typing into certain apps. If you press space, the first candidate will be finalized. Using the number keys will not finalize any other candidate. If the candidate you need is not the first one, for now you will have to enter your text into an app where the candidate window appears, such as Notepad, and copy it into the desired text field.
- Navigating to Settings > Update & security > Windows Update may crash Settings app. You can simply re-open the Settings app again and it should work again.
- The “Save” dialog appears to be broken in several desktop (Win32) apps. The team is investigating. This will break things such as Chinese IME, etc.
- Localized apps on localized x64 Windows 10 Insider Preview builds will not work.
- We’ve heard some reports that the Action Center isn’t opening as reliably in recent builds, and are investigating.
Mobile — Changes, improvements, and fixes:
- We’ve fixed the issue where some Insiders were unable to open both the Connect UX page and/or the “Add Bluetooth or other devices” setting on the Bluetooth Settings page.
- We fixed an issue resulting in an unexpected extra ~20 sec being added to the phone shutdown process due to a deadlock if you tried to shut down soon after switching from one network to another.
- A small percentage of devices may experience text message backup loss related to backup and recovery of the messaging database.
- The copyright date is incorrect under Settings > System > About. It shows as 2016 when it should be 2017. Thanks to the Windows Insiders that reported this!
- Insiders may experience random shutdowns on some devices.
- In some cases, the WeChat app may crash on launch.
Xbox One Insider Preview build 15063.3033 now available in the Alpha ring comes with string rs2_release_xbox_1705.170424-1701, with followng features and fixes. There is one known issue:
Fixed an issue which prevented users from accessing the Store when the console is set to one of the following language and region configurations: English (Greece), English (Czech Republic), English (Hungary), English (Slovakia).
Certain content is sometimes missing when Home loads.
In addition, beta ring Insiders are now getting Xbox One version 1705. Here are some of the features expected in version 1705:
- Share your Looking for Group post on the Activity Feed or through a message.
- Unfollow a Club or Game Hub directly from your Activity Feed.
- Your profile will display your Arena tournament history and upcoming tournaments.
- For Beam and Twitch broadcasts, you will now have an option in the Guide for your Kinect to locate you automatically.
- Captive Portal support for wireless internet is coming to Xbox One, which allows for Wi-Fi authentication through a browser. Great for colleges, hotels, or public Wi-Fi locations.
- Filter posts on your Activity Feed on the Xbox app for iOS and Android.
- On the Xbox app for Windows 10, we’re adding the option to select the audio input and output sources for Party chat.