YouTube team just released "2011: The Year in Review" timeline of th 2011 year's most popular videos and events and to see what the world watched in 2011.
In total, there were "more than 1,000,000,000,000 (one trillion) playbacks on YouTube this year (yep, count 'em, 12 zeroes). That's about 140 views for every person on the earth," revealed YouTube team.
"To compile these lists, we looked at global view counts of popular videos uploaded throughout this year, and, in some instances, we aggregated views across multiple versions of the same video. 2011 was a year of amazing new channels and new stars being discovered, awesome creativity, and of course, Rebecca Black. It was also a year of powerful news stories playing out on YouTube, as people witnessed and documented uprisings and natural disasters, touching personal moments and moments of protest," YouTube said.
Without further ado, here is the lists of most-viewed videos of 2011:
Most-viewed YouTube videos globally (excluding videos from major music labels) [playlist]
- Rebecca Black - Friday (OFFICIAL VIDEO)
- Ultimate Dog Tease
- Jack Sparrow (feat. Michael Bolton)
- Talking Twin Babies - PART 2 - OFFICIAL VIDEO
- Nyan Cat [original]
- Look At Me Now - Chris Brown ft. Lil Wayne, Busta Rhymes (Cover by @KarminMusic)
- The Creep (feat. Nicki Minaj & John Waters)
- Maria Aragon - Born This Way (Cover) by Lady Gaga
- The Force: Volkswagen Commercial
- Cat mom hugs baby kitten
Most-viewed YouTube channels globally (excluding channels from major music labels)
Most-watched videos from major music labels globally [playlist]
- Jennifer Lopez - On The Floor ft. Pitbull
- LMFAO - Party Rock Anthem ft. Lauren Bennett, GoonRock
- Bruno Mars - The Lazy Song [Official Video]
- Nicki Minaj - Super Bass
- Pitbull - Give Me Everything ft. Ne-Yo, Afrojack, Nayer
- Pitbull - Rain Over Me ft. Marc Anthony
- Jessie J - Price Tag ft. B.o.B.
- LMFAO - Sexy and I Know It
- Katy Perry - E.T. ft. Kanye West
- Katy Perry - Last Friday Night (T.G.I.F.)
Most-viewed political videos from the YouTube News and Politics category:
- Zach Wahls speaks about family
- President Obama at the 2011 White House Correspondents' Dinner
- Strong [Rick Perry ad]
- President Obama on death of Osama bin Laden
- Brother, can you spare a trillion? Government gone wild!
- Seth Meyers remarks at the 2011 White House Correspondents' Dinner
- Rick Perry - Proven Leadership
- Jon Stewart Goes Head-to-Head Bill O'Reilly
- Now is the time for action! [Herman Cain ad]
- President Barack Obama's First Ad of 2012 [NRSC Ad]
Highlights from other categories
- Zach Wahls Speaks About Family was the most-watched political video
- Japan Earthquake: Helicopter aerial view video of giant tsunami waves was the most-watched news video
- 25 Ways to Wear a Scarf in 4.5 Minutes! was the most watched "how-to" video
- iPhone 5 Concept Features was the most-watched science/technology video
- Immortals was the most-watched movie trailer
- Mountain Biker gets taken out by Buck was the most-watched sports video
For a complete list of most-viewed videos of the year in, visit YouTube Rewind.
Here is the 2011 Year in Review video of YouTube Rewind: