At the South by Southwest (SxSW) Interactive festival in Austin Texas, Qik, the streaming video service debuted its latest iOS application, called "Qik Video Connect" is a highest resolution mobile video communications service. It's the most complete mobile video solution in the market and is used by millions globally for video chat, instant video messaging, sharing videos on social networks, and also storing precious moments.
Compatible with iPhones, iPod Touches that have a built-in cameras and iPad 2's with iOS4+.
The Plus version includes special features like real-time effects, video editing and the ability to upload and share true HD videos.
Live video chat with video mail:
- Live video conversations over 3G/4G/WiFi
- The only video chat service with integrated video mail
- The only video chat service with real-time effects
- Automatically pull in contacts from your phone and see who's available to chat live
Instant video sharing:
- Live "Friendcasting" (broadcast to friends on social networks or via blogs) so your friends can watch while you are capturing the moment and interact with you.
- Share videos instantly to Facebook, Twitter, YouTube or send private video messages through email and SMS.
- New Video Feed displays all the videos shared by your friends, and makes it easy for you to stay connected with what they are doing.
- All recorded videos are automatically uploaded to your online Video Gallery for sharing or safe-keeping.
Special features found only in this Plus version:
- 7 real-time effects -- Have more fun during live video chats and live streams by applying any of seven real-time effects like black & white, sepia, mirrored, x-ray, blue tint and more.
- Easy editing tools - Trim out unwanted footage and focus video on the best moment.
- HD videos - Instantly upload and share HD videos recorded with your phone's camera.
- Video sync - Easily add Qik videos to phone's camera roll for syncing to desktop.
Download From: iTunes App Store ($2.99)