Psscor4 is a Windows Debugger extension used to debug .NET Framework 4 applications. Psscor4 can help you diagnose high-memory issues, high-CPU issues, crashes, hangs and many other problems that might occur in a .NET application; in scenarios involving live processes or dump files.
If you are familiar with SOS.dll, the managed-debugging extension that ships with the .NET Framework, Psscor4.dll provides a superset of that functionality.
Most of the added functionality helps you identify issues in ASP.NET.For example, Psscor4 provides the ability to view:
- managed call stacks (with source mappings)
- managed exception information
- what types are in the managed heap and their reference chain
- which ASP.NET pages are running on which thread
- the contents of the ASP.NET cache
- and much more.