Microsoft has released Project connector for service manager is an Add-In for Microsoft Project that enables project owners/managers to create change request tickets directly from Microsoft Project directly into Microsoft Service Manager.
The add-on works with Microsoft Project Professional 2010, Microsoft Project Standard 2010, Service Manager.
According to Microsoft, “The connector creates a change request ticket with the following characteristics”:
- Resource assignment from within service manager defined resources
- CI’s are appended under description field of tickets generated
- Change request number is added into the task as a separate column
- Upon closure of change request, task is market as 100% complete in the Project plan
- Connector allows for retrieval of change requests created by user from Service manager
Project Connector whitepaper: (read only)