The current release is packed with new features, new functionality, and new Cmdlets for network management and Internet Communications. The following is an short list of some of the new and exciting features we added to this release:
- Added new Cmdlets to support WebDAV, TFTP, RAS, NNTP and more.
- Added support for PSCredential objects across all Cmdlets.
- Improved handling of certificate trust scenarios.
- Support for simultaneous operations in Cmdlets such as Get-SNMP, Get-HTTP, etc.
- set-ldap directly supports common tasks such as password changes to a user DN.
- Direct MIB support in SNMP Cmdlets such get-snmp and set-snmp.
- Updated documentation and sample Scripts.
- Enhanced error reporting.
- ...and much more!
Networking Tools for IT Professionals
The current package contains the following Cmdlets:
- [get/send]-email : Send HTML emails with file attachments. Retrieve email through POP or IMAP connectivity.
- [get/send]-trap : Monitor and send SNMP Traps.
- [get/set]-ftp : FTP file transfer capabilities with advanced proxy and firewall support.
- [get/set]-ldap : Access Active Directory or OpenLDAP servers through LDAP directory access
- [get/set]-snmp : Command-line SNMP Management capabilities. Manage network devices directly from PowerShell.
- [get/send]-nntp : Command-line newsgroup browsing. Monitor newsgroup postings and post messages to newgroup servers directly from PowerShell.
- [send]-syslog : Syslog client for LAN event monitoring.
- [get/set]-tftp : TFTP file transfer Cmdlet.
- [convert]-data : Encoding and decoding utilities including Base64, SHA1, MD5, BinHex, and more.
- [read/write]-zip : Compressions and decompression Cmdlet supporting Zip, Tar, GZip, and Jar.
- [get/set]-webdav : WebDav client Cmdlet.
- [get]-http : Web client Cmdlet with advanced proxy and firewall capabilities.
- [get]-packet : Monitor network interface traffic.
- [get]-time : Access network time servers and synchronize machine clocks.
- [get]-rss : RSS client Cmdlet enables retrieval of RSS Syndicated content.
- [get]-whois : Domain name Whois lookup.
- [send]-im : Send Jabber(XMPP) Instant messages.
- [send]-rexec : Remote execution via Rexec
- [send]-rshell : Remote execution via Rshell
- [send]-sms : Send SMS(SMPP) instant messages
- [send]-page : Send alphanumeric pages (SNPP).
- [send]-ssh : Secure Shell enabled remote access Cmdlet
- [send]-ping : Network ping capability to monitor device availability.
- [get]-trace : Traceroute Cmdlet for determining the path of network packets between hosts.
- [get/set]-ras : Cmdlets for RAS connectivity.
You can find out more about NetCmdlets here.