The general availability of Power BI reports optimized for mobile phones announced todday, lets you specifically tailor a portrait view of your existing report on Power BI Desktop for mobile viewers.
With this update, "everyone can create report views optimized for phones, to enhance the experience of viewing Power BI reports on phones," writes the BI team.
The update adds many improvements to both authoring and exploring phone reports, see the list of the new capabilities and improvements below:
- Fit more visualizations into your phone report up to 20 rows.
- Identify your phone reports easily, with the new added icon image to phone reports that appears in the report index and search results.
- Manually refresh your report to get latest data published by pulling down from the top of the screen on iOS or Android, or using the refresh button for Windows 10 Mobile.
- Collapsible headers and footers to maximize the screen real estate dedicated to your data.
- Share and annotate phone reports and specific visualizations in iOS and Android report directly from Power BI app.
- Authoring and exploration improvements for phone reports in Power BI Desktop and the exploration experience on phones. In Power BI Desktop, with lot of visualizations in a report you can now scroll the visualization pane to browse all available visualizations and add them to phone layout. Another improvement is that now visualizations in the authoring pane are zoomed in so you can see them better and identify each one.
Power BI Desktop in first of this year's update today released several exciting improvements for tables and matrix and several connector improvements as well. See the list below:
The report view adds the "table header word wrap, table & matrix conditional formatting improvement – blank formatting, new aggregations for string and dateTime columns, and phone reports GA."
If you are among those who uses Salesforce to manage Accounts, and Power BI to visualize Salesforce data and bring in additional data sources, this walkthrough addresses shows you how to embed a Power BI report in a Visualforce page inside Salesforce, allowing you to view all your data and reports in a single application.
All the Salesforce classes and pages used in this walkthrough are available for download here.
Update 01/12: More new features and updates are available for the Power BI mobile apps:
- Android tablet availability (Public Preview): The Power BI mobile experience is now available for Android tablets.
- Mobile phone Power BI reports (GA): Author report views optimized for phones with Power BI Desktop to enhance the data consumption experience on mobile devices.
- Share insights instantly with new and improved Annotate and Share (iOS): With this update, we have improved the menu and user experience to make it even easier and quicker to annotate and share.
- Request access to dashboards directly from your mobile app (iOS): For users who scan a QR and don't have access to the original dashboard, they can now submit a request for access directly from their mobile app.
- Geographic filtering (Android): ability to filter reports based on your current location on Android devices.
- Apple watch improvements (iOS): Users can now refresh Apple Watch data directly from the Watch app.
- Custom URL on image tile (iOS, Android): improved URL and image behavior.
- Offline background refresh adjustments (All): background refreshes ensure data is up to date, even if it hasn't been accessed for a while.