To help mobilize around the causes, Facebok is expanding its charitable tools to now include personal fundraisers, as well as more options for people to continue to fundraise for nonprofits.
To this end, 'Personal Fundraisers' introduced on Thursday, allow people to raise money for someone or something not on Facebook or public. The tool in beta is launching in the US for people aged 18 years or older initially with six specific categories for critical financial needs and include a 24-hour fundraiser review process. It'll expand to include more categories and automate more of the review process.
The money can be securely donate in a few taps without leaving Facebook. In addition, donors on Facebook profiles will be able to see the person who created fundraiser, person benefiting and others supporting the fundraiser.
Facebook says, a 6.9% + $.30 fee will go to payment processing fees, fundraiser vetting, security and fraud protection in personal fundraisers. It can be use to raise money to cover costs related to:
- Education: such as tuition, books or classroom supplies
- Medical: such as medical procedures, treatments or injuries
- Pet Medical: such as veterinary procedures, treatments or injuries
- Crisis Relief: such as public crises or natural disasters
- Personal Emergency: such as a house fire, theft or car accident
- Funeral and Loss: such as burial expenses or living costs after losing a loved one
Donate buttons can now be add in Facebook Live for verified Pages on iOS, giving new ways to public figures, brands, businesses and organizations to raise fund for nonprofits they support. This gives people an ability to watch the live broadcast and donate, or donate once the broadcast has ended and is posted on the Page, facebook says.
This feature will be gradually rolling out to admins of verified Pages in the US for a 501(c)(3).
This feature can be use by an admin of verified Pages and have the latest version of Facebook, Mentions, or Pages Manager app on iOS. Follow these steps to add a donate button for a nonprofit to their live video:
- Before going live, tap on the "…" button for more options on the bottom left-hand corner of the screen. Tap "add donate button" and select a nonprofit.
- Go live, and the donate button for the nonprofit you selected will be attached to the bottom of your live video, allowing friends or fans to donate directly from the video as they watch or after you post the video to your page.
- People will be able to see how much money has been raised.
Branded content currently available to verified Pages and Profiles, today opens to any Page to submit an application at this link to gain access to branded content. With this feature, enligible Pages for sharing branded content will now see a notification when they log in to Facebook, as well as a 'handshake icon' representing branded content tool in the post composer.
Facebook on Thursday announced three updates for branded content:
- Enabling more Pages to share branded content on Facebook
- Updating the branded content tag
- Simplifying our policy and enforcement guidelines
Additionally, branded content tool is also now available to unverified Pages.
The feature is open to all Pages on iOS and www today, and in the coming weeks, will expand to Android as well.
Facebook has also updated branded content tag to now include the word 'Paid' in the post to be clearly and consistently recognize branded content posts.
Also, the updates to Branded Content Policy now allow logos, watermarks, and graphical overlays to persist throughout a video.
Lastly, Pages that post branded content that violate policies will now be notified to make correction and violating posts will still appear on a publishers Page, but will remain hidden from News Feed. Once, a publisher fixes the violation, they can restore News Feed visibility.