PhotoFiltre is a complete image retouching program. It allows you to do simple or advanced adjustments to an image and apply a vast range of filters on it. It is simple and intuitive to use, and has an easy learning curve. The toolbar, giving you access to the standard filters with just a few clicks, gives PhotoFiltre a robust look.
Filters: Its wide range of filters allows novice users to familiarize themselves with the world of graphics. You can find the standard adjustment functions (Brightness, contrast, dyed, saturation, gamma correction) and also artistic filters (watercolor, pastels, Indian ink, pointillism, puzzle effect). There are more than 100 filters to be discovered !
Vectorial selections: PhotoFiltre uses two types of vectorial selections. The first type uses automatic shapes (rectangle, ellipse, triangle, rhombus, rounded rectangle). The second type corresponds to the lasso and polygon. They both allow a customized form by drawing a shape by hand or using a series of lines. Every selection can be saved into a seperate file, to be used later on.
Tool bar: The toolbar is primarily made up of drawing tools, such as pipette, displacement cursor, fill bucket, aerosol, brush, drop of water (blur), cloning stamp, smudge (finger) and magic wand.
PhotoFiltre has some standard brushes (round and square in different sizes), but also some more varied forms (oblique line, leave, star, etc...).
PhotoMasque module: With PhotoMasque you can create advanced effects of contour and transparency on your images by using preset masks. These masks are grayscale images, where white is the transparancy color, while opacity increases as the shades of gray become darker. Black means complete opacity. PhotoMasque comes with several basic masks to inspire you to create your own masks.
Automatisation module: This module allows you to apply basic functions/corrections(conversion, image size, framing) to a group of images.
- Image browser
- Plug-in management
- Scanning of images using a TWAIN compatible device (scanner, webcam, photocamera)
- Transparency management for GIF images and exporting them to icons (16, 256 or 16 millions of colors)
- Advanced text effects (rotation, shading, bevel)
- Serveral types of contours and textures
- Blending and assembling of images
- There are over 100 filters available including ones for standard adjustments (brightness, saturation, etc…) and even artistic ones (watercolor, puzzle effect, etc…). We’ll get into these more in the next section of the article.
- You can select portions of an image with an automatic shape (rectangle, ellipse, triangle, rhombus, rounded rectangle) or with the lasso, magic wand, and polygon tools.
- Well-organized toolbars make it easy to switch between the most used tools.
- PhotoMasque lets you create advanced effects of contour and transparency on your images by using preset masks. These masks are grayscale images, where white is the transparancy color, while opacity increases as the shades of gray become darker. Black means complete opacity. There are several basic masks included.
- The Automatisation module lets you apply basic functions/corrections (conversion, image size, framing) to a group of images.
- Advanced text effects are available including rotation, shading, and bevel.
- Assemble and blend multiple images.
- Automatic photo corrections that enhance your images so that they look the best.
- Free plug-ins add even more functionality including red eye removal, animated GIF importing, page curl effect, gradients, screen capture, and much more.
Those are just a handful of the filters available. Here’s a quick list of some of my other favorites that you might find useful:
- Blurring (several different types of blurs)
- Dust reduction
- Revive colors
- Sunset effect
- Colored pencil
- Comic strip
- and dozens more…
PhotoFilter, Image, Graphics, Photo, Retouching, Application, Freeware, Software, Download