The release of OpsMgr 2007 SP1 is just around the corner! It will be released in English as well as Japanese, German, French, Russian, Italian, Spanish, Korean, Chinese (Simplified and Traditional), and Brazilian Portuguese.
What's new in the Service Pack? http://connect.microsoft.com/SystemCenter/content/content.aspx?ContentID=6859 lists some of the improvements and major changes in functionality. Some of the more interesting ones include:
- Support has been added for SNMP v1 network devices, to complement the existing support for SNMP v2
- The ability to search across monitors and rules by their overrides
- Support for exporting OpsMgr 2007 diagrams to Visio VDX format from the Diagram view
- The ability to copy and paste from the Alert Details pane
- Invoking the Secure Storage Backup Wizard at the end of setup to backup the RMS encryption keys
- The ability to repromote a RMS cluster to the RMS role after the cluster is fixed
- Capability to copy views from an existing management pack to an unsealed management pack
- Improved performance
This is just a partial list. See the above URL for full details.
A list of 22 bug fixes can be found at http://support.microsoft.com/kb/944443.
The Service Pack will be available in two ways:
- As a standalone executable file that you can use to upgrade an existing OpsMgr 2007 installation
- As a "slipstreamed" release that is part of the OpsMgr installation media, so you can install OpsMgr 2007 with SP1 from scratch
Tools provided by Microsoft to help with your SP1 implementation include:
- Training videos, which you can view at http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/opsmgr/bb986763.aspx
- Command line parameters for installing the server roles, at http://blogs.technet.com/momteam/archive/2007/12/05/opsmgr-2007-command-line-parameter-complete-list.aspx. These include parameters for installing the full version as well as applying the upgrade.
Microsoft, Operations Manager, OpsMgr 2007, Operations Manager 2007, Service Pack, SP1