The OMS Gateway with SCOM support is now generally available (GA) with added support by Microsoft Update to simplify process of keeping up to date. If you are enrolled in Automatic Updates, "you'll now automatically receive the latest version of the Gateway once published," Microsoft said.
The Gateway is now avilable in 18 different languages, and can be dowload from Log Analytics portal, by following these three simple steps:
Log into your OMS workspace.
And from the Azure portal you also perform three steps. These steps appear here:
Select your OMS workspace
The Visual Studio Modeling SDK is now available with Visual Studio 2017 RC update, and will be released as part of Visual Studio itself (in all editions of Visual Studio), Microsoft stated.
Visual Studio 2017 Release Candidate, which was announced a few weeks ago at 2016 Connect(), today receives an update:
- To start, there are many bug fixes including fixing an issue in Git syncing in Team Explorer that led to "Could not load current branch," some crashes and hangs in loading large projects, and some bugs in Go To All.
- Ofline help available by installing the Help Viewer component in the Visual Studio installer.
- You can now add and remove multiple user interface languages at any time using the Visual Studio installer on the Language Pack tab. You can select the current user interface language among those installed using Tools > Options > International Settings.
- Improved the .NET Core and Docker workload. It's still in preview, but we made the csproj file easier to read, added new commands to the .NET Core command-line (CLI) tools, and made many bug fixes. See the .NET blog for details.
- Improved the Developer Analytics Tools. CodeLens now shows exceptions that have occurred during local debug sessions for projects with the Application Insights SDK and it can show the impact an exception has had on users.