Office Web Apps on SkyDrive are now available to everyone in US, UK, Canada, and Ireland. "We'll have more to share next week when Office 2010 is released to consumers, including how Office 2010 + SkyDrive + Office Web Apps give you best productivity experience across PC, phone, and browser. In the meantime, if you live in US, UK, Canada, or Ireland, you can head over to Office.live.com to start viewing and editing Word, PowerPoint, Excel, and OneNote documents right in your web browser – and share them with your friends."
- Upload your docs, go to Office.live.com and upload a doc. If you've Silverlight, you'll get an extra bonus: ability to upload many more files at once, simply by dragging & dropping them all in your favorite browser.
- Drag files from your desktop directly into browser for editing without having to install any special software. If you need a feature (like 3D charts, for example) from Office on your PC, it's really easy to open your document on your PC with little interruption.
- With co-authoring in Excel and OneNote Web Apps, you can work with your friends at same time and never be locked out of a document when someone else is working on it.
- Read your docs on smartphone. Browse to Office.live.com on your phone and you'll be able to view Word and PowerPoint documents without any extra software (on most smartphones). Plus, when you're done sharing, you can print your Word and PowerPoint documents right from the browser.
- Chatting in Messenger on the web while editing an Excel workbook using Office Web Apps
More Info: Office Live