Microsoft's office suite for Mac OS X "Office for Mac 2011" now supports Retina display for all built-in applications, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook.
"The Microsoft Office 2011 for Mac now at version 14.2.4 contains changes that improve stability, reliability, and performance. Office 2011 for Mac now supports retina rendering on Mac computers that are equipped with a retina display," Microsoft stated.
The software update can be downloaded using the link given below, or can be get via the Microsoft AutoUpdate feature built-into the Office, using the steps below:
- On the Go menu, click Applications.
- Open the Microsoft Office 2011 folder, and then open any Office application (for example, open Word).
- On the Word menu, click About Word.
- In the About Word dialog box, compare the version number next to Latest Installed Update.
Microsoft recently deployed new Service Updates to Windows Azure SQL Database that provide additional functionality specifically the following new features are now available:
- "SQL Server support for Linked Server and Distributed Queries against Windows Azure SQL Database.
- Recursive triggers are now supported in Windows Azure SQL Database.
- DBCC SHOW_STATISTICS is now supported in Windows Azure SQL Database.
- Ability to configure Windows Azure SQL Database firewall rules at the database level," the Azure team informed.
Also, avaialbe now is the Data Classification Toolkit with Windows Server 2012 features support such as Dynamic Access Control, and backward compatibility with the functionality in the previous version of the toolkit.
The toolkit provides support for configuring data compliance on file servers running Windows Server 2012 and Windows Server 2008 R2 SP1 to help automate the file classification process, and make file management more efficient in your organization.