Microsoft Office Developer Tools for Visual Studio 2012 provide broad and deep support, ranging from new templates to new designers to a whole host of integrated lifecycle tools now available as on March 4, 2013.
"The tools enable developers to create, edit, test, debug, package, and deploy apps for Office and SharePoint, across all current Office and SharePoint hosting models and app types," informs Microsoft.
In addition, beyond supporting a new application model based on web technologies, these tools also provide full support both for VSTO Add-ins and SharePoint Solutions.
Microsoft has also released CTP4 of Visual Studio 2012 and Team Foundation Server Update 2, which now includes the LightSwitch HTML Client Preview!
The preview also supports publishing these apps to SharePoint 2013 & Office 365, so you can also build SharePoint 2013 apps with LightSwitch.
Additionally, you will find following few TFS specific things:
- "Back up & restore Power Tool intergrated into the product
- Preserve TFS configuration when you upgrade--make applying update 2 easier
- Servicing in High Availability SQL Environments (SQL AlwaysOn) configurations without undo manual intervention
- Customizable kanban columns support
- Visual Studio Git extension VSIX to work with this Update," informs Microsoft.
System Center Management Pack for Windows Server Cluster is designed to improve the availability, performance, and security of your Windows Server cluster deployment.
"The MP monitors the health of the Windows Server 2003, Windows Server 2008, Windows Server 2008 R2, and Windows Server 2012 clusters and provides both proactive and reactive monitoring of your failover cluster deployments," the company explains.
Some of the conditions monitored by this pack include:
- Configuration or hardware issues that interfere with starting the Cluster service
- Connectivity problems that affect communication between cluster nodes or between a node and a domain controller
- Active Directory Domain Services (AD DS) settings that affect the cluster; for example, permissions needed by the computer account that is used by the cluster
- Configuration issues with the network infrastructure needed by the cluster; for example, issues with Domain Name System (DNS)
- Issues with the availability of a cluster resource, such as a clustered file share
- Issues with the cluster storage
Windows Server Network Load Balancing Management Pack available today "monitors the health of the Windows Server 2008, Windows Server 2008 R2, and Windows Server 2012 NLB clusters and improves the availability, performance, and security of your Windows Server 2008 and Windows Server 2008 R2 NLB deployment."
Windows Deployment Services Management Pack includes monitors, rules, views, tasks and knowledge for the monitoring of your Windows Deployment Services infrastructure for Windows Server 2012.
Exchange Server 2013 Deployment Assistant, a web-based tool that helps you deploy Exchange 2013 in your on-premises organization, configure a hybrid deployment between your on-premises organization and Office 365, or migrate to Office 365 -- is also available.
"It asks you a small set of simple questions and then, based on your answers, creates a customized checklist with instructions to deploy or configure Exchange 2013. Instead of trying to find what you need in the Exchange library, the Deployment Assistant gives you exactly the right information you need to complete your task," Exhange team explains.
You can access the Deployment Assistant for Exchange Server 2010 here.
Microsoft's Open Tech has released an update to HTML5Labs HTTP/2.0 Prototype now delivering Internet Security in the OpenSSL open source encryption library for ALPN (Application Layer Protocol Negotiation).
Finally, Apache Qpid Proton AMQP libraries has been updated to support Windows. Proton C also includes bindings for several interpreted languages including PHP, Python, Ruby and Perl, all of which can now be used on Windows.
"Advanced Message Queuing Protocol (AMQP) 1.0 enables interoperability using wire-level messaging between compliant clients and brokers. Applications can achieve full-fidelity message exchange between components built in multiple languages and frameworks and running on different operating systems."
For more information, check out the official OASIS site.
- Office Developers tools for VS 2012.
- March 2013 of VS/TFS 2012 Update 2 CTP4
- Operations Manager MP for for Cluster, NLB, WDS
- Windows Server Network Load Balancing Management Pack
- Windows Deployment Services Management Pack
- Prototype support in OpenSSL for ALPN
- 0.4 version supports of Qpid Proton for Windows
In other Microsoft news, the company has launched an official website dedicated to Visio 2013, which offers a showcase of its features and comparisons to previous editions.
Microsoft has recently revealed that its 2D-object drawing application Visio will come in three flavors: Microsoft Visio Standard 2013, Microsoft Visio Professional 2013 and Microsoft Visio Pro for Office 365.
Check out the site here.
At the Healthcare Information and Management Systems Society's (HIMSS) annual conference in New Orleans this week--Microsoft is demonstrating how Windows 8 is helping health organizations, communities, and partners around the world to overcome healthcare's toughest challenges.
Springboard Series Windows alum Jeremy Chapman and Yoni Kirsh launched a new weekly video series, packed with demos, diagrams, software engineer interviews and XStream installations in the air to explain the new Office 2013.
Episode 1 of the Garage Series for IT Pros just went live: