Office 365 now has more to deliver as part of the Kiosk worker offering in Office 365 (aka the K-plan), which is designed for the user that doesn’t have messaging and collaboration today.
“‘K-plan’ is a low cost way of giving you a common platform for communicating with those of your workers fitting that profile. The value proposition is already great (prices starting at USD 2 per user per month for the Exchange Online Kiosk Plan),” Microsoft stated.
Key Features of the K-plan includes:
- Advanced administration capabilities, Active Directory integration and 24/7 support
- Messaging, calendaring, and email archiving plan accessible from Outlook on PCs, the Web and mobile devices, plus 25 GB mailbox storage with Exchange Online
- Sites to share documents and information with SharePoint Online
- Instant messaging, presence and online meetings with Lync Online
- Premium antivirus and anti-spam filtering for email and sites with Microsoft Forefront Online Protection for Exchange
- License rights to access on-premises deployment of Exchange Server, SharePoint Server and Lync Server
- View, edit and share content created in Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and OneNote desktop applications online with Office Web Apps
- Complete and full-featured set of office productivity applications with Office Professional Plus
- Sites with advanced capabilities for rich forms, enhanced data visualization with Visio Services, and publishing of simple databases through Access Services with SharePoint Online
- Advanced archive capabilities, unlimited email storage, and hosted voicemail with Exchange Online
- Full enterprise voice capabilities on premises with Lync Server on-premises
Here is what’s new in the K-plan offerings — Jesper Osgaard in a Jan 6 blog post announcing:
- “Exchange Online Kiosk Plan:
- We’re adding Exchange (EAS) for mobile devices to the Exchange Online Kiosk plan, giving you mobile support beyond the POP capabilities currently supported in the Kiosk sku. With this change, we will enable all smartphones that support EAS, including iPhone, Andriod phones, Nokia phones (Symbian), and Windows phones.
- We are also doubling email storage in the K plan from 500MB to 1GB
- Going forward, we will now allow Exchange Online Archiving (EOA) including legal hold and unlimited storage, to be offered as an add-on to any Exchange Online plan, including Kiosk and Exchange Plan 1,” revealed Osgaard.
For more information, please visit the K-plan web site.