Microsoft Office 365 Integration Module (OIM) for Windows Small Business Server 2011 Essentials is now available for download. This module extends the features of the Windows SBS 2011 Dashboard by providing seamless integration with Office 365 services.
“The OIM allows small businesses to seamlessly combine the cloud-based productivity tools of Office 365 with the infrastructure provided by SBS 2011 Essentials. The joint technologies provide businesses with an affordable hybrid solution that helps protect data, organize and provide access to business information from virtually anywhere, and support the applications that enable the business to run smoothly and efficiently,” Microsoft SBS team stated.
“The OIM joins the Windows 7 Professional Pack for SBS 2011 and Windows Server Solutions Phone Connector Add-in to help provide a flexible, comprehensive, and powerful solution for small businesses,” the SBS team said.
The OIM extends the features of the server Dashboard by providing seamless integration with Office 365 services. When you integrate Office 365 with the server, you can:
- Subscribe to Office 365 or configure the server to use an existing subscription.
- Perform the following Office 365 account management tasks from the Dashboard:
- Bulk create Office 365 accounts for network user accounts.
- Assign new or existing Office 365 accounts to network user accounts.
- Manage the Office 365 account assigned to a user account throughout the lifecycle of the user account. For example, deactivating a network user account also deactivates the Office 365 account that is assigned to the user account.
You can download the Office 365 Integration Module Beta here.