Microsoft capping off a month of new features and capabilities that further strengthen Office 365's potential for collaboration rolled out co-authoring in Excel on Windows desktops for Office Insiders Fast, allowing users to see who is working with them on a spreadsheet and view other users' changes within seconds. Co-authoring in Excel for Mac is coming soon.
Co-authoring in Excel on Windows desktops is rolling out for Office 365 subscribers in Office Insider Fast. Co-authoring in Excel on iOS is currently available for Office Insiders, as well as for all customers in Excel Mobile on Windows, Excel on Android and Excel Online.
Co-authoring is already available in Excel Online, Excel on Android, Windows Mobile and iOS for Office Insiders. And, will be made available soon in Excel for Mac as well as.
AutoSave for files stored in SharePoint Online, OneDrive and OneDrive for Business. is also now available to Word, Excel and PowerPoint on Windows desktops and for Office 365 subscribers in Office Insider Fast.
Microsoft Teams, chat-based workspace in Office 365, just last week became free in Office 365 Education for faculty, staff and students—followed by the general availability earlier in the month in 181 markets and in 19 languages, which included 100-plus new features added since its preview in November.
"The updates span all four of the core Teams promises: chat for today's teams, a hub for teamwork, customizable for every team and security that teams trust. Notably, over 150 integrations with other apps, services and bots are either already available or coming soon," writes Office team.
Microsoft Teams is now generally available for commercial and education customers on Windows desktops, Macs, Windows Mobile, iOS and Android, as well as the web.
This month, also saw the worldwide rollout of Microsoft Bookings to Office 365 Business Premium subscribers on the web, iOS and Android. And, let you connect Office 365 calendar to Bookings, add buffer time between appointments, customize Bookings page, and stay connected on the go with iOS and Android apps.
The team also anoounced, the ability of OneNote to "graph handwritten math equations," in addition to teaching you how to solve them.
And, the addition of "Accessibility Checker" to OneNote in Windows 10 to make notes more accessible to people with visual impairments, among other updates was announced as well.
Simply select Check Accessibility under the View tab to get started. "It analyzes material and provides recommendations alongside notes, which helps in understanding to fix errors and create more accessible notes over time."
Inking and Draw tab in OneNote Online, so you can make mark with ink or highlighter while taking, reviewing, or editing notes in the browser. Inking is rolling out for all customers using OneNote Online in Microsoft Edge, Internet Explorer, Firefox, Safari and Chrome.
The new "Data Visualizer" templates for Excel data are now available in Visio on Windows desktops, for Office 365 subscribers in Office Insiders Slow. The Slide Snippets pane is currently available in Visio on Windows desktops, for all Office 365 subscribers.
In addition, the company said on May 16th, the latest roadmap for SharePoint and OneDrive will be announcing at the SharePoint Virtual Summit.
Now, users can create a flowchart directly from Excel in a few clicks automatically from data then share them effortlessly as presentations. Then, by using Slide Snippets pane, you can select specific diagrams or snippets, title them and export as slides in a new PowerPoint presentation, writes office team.
The Morph transition is even applied automatically to create cinematic transitions between overlapping snippets on different slides.
A new Office 2016 build 7967.2030 for Office Insiders on the Slow ring version 1703, also known as the March 2017 feature update is released for Windows desktop coincides with the Office Insider build for iOS.
See the changelog below:
- Large numbers (bigint) support in Access tables to calculate large numbers, and to link to or import from external databases that use an equivalent data type, such as bigint in SQL Server.
- Focused Inbox helps you focus on the emails that matter most to you. It separates your inbox into two tabs—Focused and Other. Your most important emails are on the Focused tab while the rest remain easily accessible—but out of the way—on the Other tab.
- Read email in preferred language without leaving Outlook. Just turn on the Translator add-in to translate with a single tap. Choose from 60 languages.
- Add and collaborate with people outside organization by adding them to Office 365 groups.
- Now, as you share and collaborate on OneDrive attachments in Outlook, you can offer the right level of access to people within your organization or externally. You can also let Outlook choose how much access they receive.
- Outlook tells you ahead of time if recipients will be able to access your documents, and offers suggestions if there will be any problems sharing.
- QuickStarter automatically creates an outline for your topic of choice with suggested talking points and designs that make your presentation pop.
- PowerPoint Designer: transform more types of slides for action-oriented lists.
- Intelligent services generate Alt text for your pictures to make your presentations more accessible to people who are blind.
- Automatically create a Basic Flowchart or a Cross-Functional Flowchart from Excel data by using new Data Visualizer templates in Visio.